Opened 8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago

Last modified 8 years ago

#14342 closed defect (fixed)

xmlnode / XMPP mood API generate bogus XML

Reported by: darkrain42 Owned by: darkrain42
Milestone: 2.10.0 Component: XMPP
Version: 2.9.0 Keywords:
Cc:

Description

As reported on IRC, we sent:

<iq type='set' id='purple82a35e1a'><pubsub xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub'><publish node='http://jabber.org/protocol/mood'><item><mood xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/mood'></></mood></item></publish></pubsub></iq>

Looking through the code, this seems to be the result of passing "" to xmlnode_new_child. Both the mood API and xmlnode should be updated to prevent this from happening (after testing to confirm that's how this came about)

Change History (3)

comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by darkrain42

Reporter indicates disabling pbar plugin resolved this, so checking how it calls the mood stuff should be helpful.

comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by darkrain42@…

  • Milestone set to 2.8.1
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

(In fb8d8417592c55ace530f527d2440c3240235342):
jabber: Check for empty string when setting mood.

The xmlnode API didn't check for the empty string ("") as node name, which leads to...broken XML. I added those checks to xmlnode, and fixed this occurrence in usermood.

Fixes #14342

comment:3 Changed 8 years ago by Robby

  • Milestone changed from 2.8.1 to 2.9.1
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.
All information, including names and email addresses, entered onto this website or sent to mailing lists affiliated with this website will be public. Do not post confidential information, especially passwords!