Facebook contacts no longer appear in their facebook groups
|Reported by:||cgoudie||Owned by:||deryni|
|Version:||2.10.3||Keywords:||facebook groups contacts|
Description (last modified by cgoudie)
Previously, Facebook contacts would appear in the Pidgin Group that was associated with your List in Facebook.
Recently, it appears that my Facebook contacts only appear in the Facebook Friends group, instead of their associated list.
I've seen several related bugs in the bug tracker about people that want to manage their contacts locally. I don't really care which interface I use to manage these contacts, but now I can't seem to manage them in either.
Steps to duplicate:
1) On Facebook, create a list. Say "Test"
2) On Facebook, add 3 friends to this list.
3) Sign into Facebook via Pidgin xmpp.
4) Note there is no Test group in Pidgin, and the contacts are only listed in the Facebook Friends group.
Or in Pidgin:
1) Create a new group: Test
2) Add 3 contacts from the Facebook Friends group to this group.
3) Close and reopen Pidgin.
4) Note the contacts are only listed in the Facebook Friends group.
Again, I don't really care which way it works, but I would really like it to work one way or the other.