I am Sadrul Habib Chowdhury. I work mostly on Finch (or the-application-previously-known-as-gaim-text) and libgnt.
- freenode: sadrul
- aim: adilshc
- jabber: imadil@…
- email: sadrul@…
Here's a list of stuff I want to have in Finch, libgnt, Pidgin and libpurple:
- A plugin like markerline to mark the last viewed text in a chat/im.
- A way to group conversation windows. This can probably be done using a plugin.
A 'Get Info' button in the authorization-request dialog.Done (the information is automatically retrieved and displayed)
Split input strings to make sure everything works smoothly over a very slow connection.Done A file selector. This will help implementing the file/folder selection in libpurple's request api.Done
- Multiline textboxes.
- Separator in trees.
Create a UI from an XML description. For example, "<vbox><label>Hello World</label><button>OK</button></vbox>" will generate a nice little dialog box.Done
- A spell-checker. It would probably use Enchant, and be a plugin/external library, instead of built into libgnt.
- An image-viewer. Perhaps use aalib for this. From a brief look, I think Designing a new driver is the way to go.
- Move the history plugin into libpurple.
- Allow executing some perl/tcl etc codes using the respective plugin loaders without requiring to write a plugin. patch
If you find any of these interesting and want to implement them, feel free to contact me.
If you like finch/libgnt, you may also like:
I am a non-avid blogger!
3.0.0 milestone tickets:
- Replace PluginPref API with Request API
- Finch 3.0 shows messages from the user as system messages
- Finch 3.0 appears to leak incoming messages
Patches Needing Improvement milestone tickets:
- "View Log" (History) does not support Conference Chats (Multi-user chats)
Patches Needing Review milestone tickets:
- Finch does not resize correctly (irssi)
- Finch Irssi window manager draws conversation window at wrong X coordinate
- libgnt arrow keys not working properly under urxvt
- separate color option for gchat "do not disturb" vs "away"
- finch segfaults on terminal resize
- Port finch's pietray to pydbus + PyGI + GTK3 + StatusNotifierItem
Patches welcome milestone tickets:
- Finch shows a suboptimal set of statuses
- Finch tab support
- Finch Mouse support slight enhancements...
- no XMPP service discovery in Finch
- Edit Icon Theme - Restart to default after pidgin closed
- Official Plugin edit list and contact theme
2.10.1 milestone tickets:
- Allow disabling of vv support per account
- the tray icon is not shown
- When I start typing any non-latin letter in finch, the letter M appears first
- Collapse buddy group sometimes hides the group
- Finch internal clipboard window does not stretch to fill the terminal
- Need socks5/Http proxy support for Finch
- libgnt: Switching to nex/prev window
- Finch deletes buddy pounces on start
- error: inet_aton missing
- Finch lost color for nicknames
- finch: no way to join channel on server without open windows
- "Conversation Colors" plugin breaks the displaying of a sent image in an AIM direct IM
- Allow user to expand all windows simulaneously
- highlight chat name a unique color/boldness when your name is typed
- man-page finch for russian language
- Standardize Keyboard Shortcuts
- purple_conversation_present doesn't seem to work
- Finch: duplicated notification tabs for new mail
- Finch crashes on accepting conference invitation
- buddy icon opening in finch
- LIBS in pidgin-2.6.4/finch/libgnt/Makefile should include -ldl and -lm
- A relative path to change wm entry in .gtnrc
- finch notification system
- Window width bug in finch when not using 80-character width
- Finch sound gntsound.c PURPLE_SOUND_GOT_ATTENTION
- Add different taskbar notifications for CHAT conv wrt PURPLE_MESSAGE_NICK
- finch problem with connectbot Android with ALT key
- Finch: Open ICQ-Buddy-Invations in Background
- finch gets slow when resizing windows if it's been running for a while
- Window does not resize/maximize back
- finch keybindings keys shortcut hot
- libngt segfaults frequently but after a random amount of time when google talk calls are in progress
- finch crashes on quit
- gnttree falls into an assertion loop on tab key in New IM dialog
- finch disconnects from freenode's IRC a lot
- using ncurses from a non-/usr/include directory doesn't update finch's .pc
- finch sometimes spins CPU forever when manually IMing someone in AIM
- Immediate Segfault on FreeBSD
- Unread Message Notification/Indication