Pidgin, Finch, and libpurple
Pidgin is a graphical IM program that lets you sign on to AIM, Jabber, MSN, Yahoo!, and other IM networks. It runs on Microsoft Windows and Unixes. It is written in C and uses GLib and GTK+.
Finch is a console-based IM program that lets you sign on to AIM, Jabber, MSN, Yahoo!, and other IM networks. It runs on Unixes. It uses GLib and ncurses.
libpurple is a library used for developing IM programs. See What is libpurple? for more information.
- Frequently Asked Questions - Look here first!
- Using This Site
- Using Pidgin
- Using Libpurple
- Using Finch
The Pidgin Community
- Mailing Lists
- The Pidgin Philosophy - Why some things in Pidgin are the way they are
- Spread Pidgin - User submitted "fanart" to help Pidgin become even more popular!
- Third-Party plugins - A page for plugin developers to list their plugins for users to see
- Third-Party Smiley Themes - A page for smiley theme authors to list their smiley themes for users to see
Google Summer of Code
- Instructions for Google Summer of Code applicants to Pidgin, Finch, and libpurple
- SoC Discussions
- SoC Ideas
- Previous years:
- Development FAQ
- Design Guidelines
- Libpurple Architecture
- Building Pidgin
- Building on Windows
- Source code from version control:
- Plugins and scripting:
- The future:
- Possible License Violations
- Ticket Statistical Junk
The Road to 3.0.0
- Tickets targeted for this release
- Tickets that require more information
- Tickets that are already fixed